email: Mihal.Freinquel@gmail.com
twitter: @MIHALdot

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

An Anniversary and an eBook!


Well, it's been almost 2 years since I broke my ankle - and since I started this blog. The break caused a lot of unexpected things - emotions, time spent rehabbing, lots of money thrown at surgery - but most awesomely, a connection to a HUGE community of fellow ankle-breakers. I've loved reading all of your YouTube comments, emails, blog comments, and tweets. Even though it sucks that you have to go through what I went through (or some version of it), I felt so isolated when I broke my ankle, and it has been so great to know that I've not been alone in my experiences.

And all of you want to know more. How am I doing now? How long until I started driving? What are some things you can do to speed up the healing process? Where did I practice walking and for how long each day? The list goes on and on and on.

So I decided to write an eBook. It is a complete guide for What To Expect When You Break Your Ankle based on all of my experiences. Here you will find the stories from my blog, a detailed chronology of my healing and steps (literally), as well as tons of practical tools and advice to navigate your totally stupid injury, and come out better on the other side. I hope you enjoy it – and happy healing to you.


Click below to get your copy!

10 comments:

  1. Love your blog. And I'm sure the ebook is also good. I don't see any comments on the blog? why is that? I would really like to be able to talk to other people about this. I've seen some other blogs, and also looked at a site I was recommended www.mybrokenankle.com and I can't find anywhere where I can actually ask people questions about this injury. Any Ideas where there is a forum or something similar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odd, there are definitely lots of comments scattered throughout. There's also a lot of conversation happening on my more popular youtube videos. my channel is youtube.com/mihal1223. I'm also happy to answer questions!

      Delete
  2. When can you take the boot off to go to sleep?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there - for my surgery, I didn't sleep with the boot. I slept in a cast for 2 weeks, and when they took it off, I slept without the boot and with my foot propped up on a bunch of pillows. I recommend asking your surgeon what he/she recommends for your particular situation.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this. I wish it was able to write my essay geek be translated, but for some reason

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mihal I got all my hardware remove (15 screws and 2 plates) on January 10th. I went for a follow-up a week after and they cleaned out the wounds where I still have stitches on. I have therapy tomorrow and Friday and I still have stitches on it. The doctor recommended I did therapy and that to start flexing my foot here and there weightbear as tolerable. It's still a little stiff but I can move my ankle around. I still can't manage to bring my heel all the way down in my boot. How did this work for you. I'm on a walking boot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just have to be patient! Keep trying it. Also massage and yoga were really helpful for me for range of motion plateaus.

      Delete