email: Mihal.Freinquel@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

follow up número 4

Ok, I'm doing a better. I just visited the doctor for my 4th check-up since surgery. I did my x-ray standing-up this time so he could see how things looked now that I'm weight-bearing (my bones look great, he said) and we chatted about my issues. He basically told me that I was being a big pussy about my ankle screw. Yes, he acknowledged, it sucks, but 2 things:

1- it's not ready to come out yet because when he takes out the hardware he wants to take out the entire plate on that side and all of the screws on it (including my ankle screw) - and he says that should happen in about 6 months.
2- the pain I'm feeling in the screw isn't what's preventing me from gaining range of motion, it's actually the tightness of the tendons and ligaments in the back of my ankle (like, achilles area). So the screw shouldn't stop me from moving forward in my strength and flexibility training.

He said my range of motion is coming along and it is where it should be. We also decided that PT isn't headed in the direction where I need it to be going (I've been feeling this way for a while), and I need a body worker who's more comprehensive and thorough and can give me some more focused time. PT has been making me feel like a body part in an assembly line lately - just going through the motions until my time is up.

So I canceled my next PT sessions and hopefully I'll start with this other woman soon.

So that's that. My brain feels a bit quieted now, I'm less anxious about this screw, though it's still super uncomfortable. Blah .

No comments:

Post a Comment