email: Mihal.Freinquel@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

looking back to help me look forward

If you read my last post, you know I've been having a bit of trouble being positive. The progress is very hard to see now. But it hasn't always been like that, and I've compiled this video to remind myself. This video will show you my first month of weight-bearing, from June 15th to today, July 17th. It's truly astounding what the body is capable of.

That said, I still have such a long way to go - even though I'm walking by the end of the video, I'm still in quite a bit of pain. Hindered by tightness and very little range of motion, I can feel the hardware inside my skin, irritating everything around it. So there's a lot behind me, but the journey is far from over. On that note!!! This is where I've been...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this video. I broke my ankle and had surgery to have a huge plate and 9 screws put in 8.5 weeks ago and just got the ok to begin weight bearing 4 days ago. Your video is super helpful and gives me some idea of what to expect. So far my ankle is still super sore so I'm still at the 2 crutches and a boot phase but hoping the rest will come soon.

    ReplyDelete