email: Mihal.Freinquel@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

wearing boots and spreading my toes

Well there have been a few developments of note. One happened last week but I haven't had time to blog about it...


I WORE BOOTS!! I've been wearing sneakers for the last 4.5 months and I'll tell ya, that shit gets old FAST. Especially since I'm a boots girl till death do us part, having to pair outfits with sneakers was getting really challenging (not to mention taxing on my soul and identity). Anyway, I had some pretty strict criteria and none of the boots on my shelf fit the mold, so I had to go and buy a pair. Here was my criteria:
  • No heel: You'd be surprised how hard it is to find a flat pair of boots. These ones even have a teeny tiny heel, but it's not detectable to the wearer. 
  • Tightness: They had to be just loose enough that if they touched my ankle bone, they didn't rub on it. These ones just hardly graze the bone, and they're furry inside so they're soft. 
  • Boot Height: Couldn't be too tall to prevent motion, but couldn't be too low so that they (again) rubbed against my ankle bone in a funny way. 
  • Not Heinous: There are so many disgusting boots out there I just can't deal
These Vince boots fit all the criteria AND they're comfortable as fuck. So thank you Nordstrom and Vince...let's get married.  

The other thing I did?


That's right, I got toe spreaders - SmartToes to be exact. I've still been having a lot of tightness and pain in my toes, which you'd never know by guessing, but it's annoying as shit. Uncomfortable to say the least. These things spread out your toes, relax your feet - the tops and the bottoms - and I've found them to be hugely relieving, though I'm not sure if they actually DO anything physiologically.

So that's the past week. I'm still doing yoga pretty much every day and pilates once a week. Certain things are getting easier - I did my first successful "Warrior 2" a few days ago...a position that used to be so effortless is now suddenly the new frontier. Whack.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to thank you for your blog. I broke my ankle almost 6 weeks ago and am in the boring, sitting-around-all-day-with-foot-elevated stage (3 more days and I can start partial weight-bearing with boot and crutches). Anyway, it helps to read others' stories, so thank you and all the best to you! -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      I'm SO THRILLED that this blog has helped you during this shitty, shitty time. That's why I created it. Though I've been updating less these days, I'm always reachable by email (upper left hand corner of the page) and I'm happy to answer any questions or calm any anxiety. Good luck with your healing!!!

      Delete