email: Mihal.Freinquel@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

they tried to make me go to rehab and I said...actually i'm just gonna do this video, thanks

In my last post I told you I'm interested in trying barre3 as a supplement to yoga. Well, I know I'm not healed enough for a class, AND everything on their site costs money. Eff that, I got enough billz. So I took it to YouTube and found THIS GEM.


Dudes, I'm telling you. There is no part of my legs/butt/low back that wasn't sore the next day. It raised my heart rate, it made me break a sweat. At 6 months post-op, it's a great thing to introduce into your workout/rehab/whatever it is you're doing. Especially for post-ankle breaks, the attention this workout pays to the feet and ankles and legs is so fantastic. And honestly, even if you're not recovering from ankle surgery, you'll probably like this too. Combined with yoga...well...I'm psyched.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Mihal, Thank you so much for this blog!! I broke my ankle on Sept 29 and had ORIF on Oct 1. It's only been 1 month but I am beginning to forget that I had a life before this. I am so thankful for your yoga videos. A girl has got to move! I am scheduled to see my surgeon in a week to determine if I am ready for weight bearing, and I am excited/petrified about the thought of trying to walk again. Your blog made my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like the videos!!! I know the excited/petrified feeling all too well...let me know if you got the thumbs up to start WBing (fingers crossed) :)

      Delete
  2. Hi I broke my ankle 10/13/13 and got the surgery orif 10/23/13 I had a bimalleolar fracture and I'm still in a cast it might come off Friday 11/15/13 I'm so nervous I got used to the crutches now so anyway this Friday will be 3 weeks post op..any tips u can give me to start walking again? Hopefully I can once cast comes off I'm just scared

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm walking tips...
      Well I began weight-bearing in phases, you can check out my youtube videos to see how that went: http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U. This video shows all of my walking phases together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNRKWaGOILI. All I can really say is, weight-bearing is a weird combination of listening to your body, and also ignoring it. Because your body will tell you NOT to trust your ankle, that it's weak and broken. In way way, this is true, but it also needs your trust to get stronger.

      Everything is scary post-surgery..post cast-off...post weight-bearing. Get comfortable with scary and then try to get over it - which is really really hard. Best of luck to you!! Feel free to reach out any time.

      Delete