email: Mihal.Freinquel@gmail.com

Thursday, June 6, 2013

screw this

So...there's a screw head sticking out of my ankle bone. Yes, I can see it - and YES, I can fucking feel it.


Can you see the round white-ish spot? That's the head of a screw. Like, A SCREW...

What's it feel like to touch? Well, it legit feels like the head of a screw. What's it feel like when I try to point and flex my foot? IT FEELS LIKE A SCREW IS IN THERE GRINDING AWAY ON MY SKIN AND BONES. My PT told me that normally what eventually happens is your body forms a callus on the inside of your skin to prevent the rubbing from causing irritation, or like, popping out of your skin. Unfortunately if it's still bothering me after the next 8 months or so, I'll need another surgery to have it removed (in theory the bone will be fixed by then and not need it).

I'm choosing not to think about that part. Though every time I flex my foot it feels like this nail is about to burst through my skin and start ricocheting off the walls like in a cartoon.

4 comments: