email: Mihal.Freinquel@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

seeing scars

I don't know what compelled me to start doing this, but I've been taking photos of my scar at every stage. The scabs are basically gone now, so I've started treating the area with two products - Laid In Montana 100% Emu Oil & derma e Scar Gel. The emu oil is a thick, milky liquid and kind of resembles...well, you know. The derma gel looks like hair gel and smells like lavender, very nice. We'll see how they work, I'd rather not have a Frankenstein ankle for the rest of my life but whatever.

Anyway, this is what you really came here to see...the progression of my scar/scabs:


There's that one little scabette there at the very bottom, which I expect will fall off soon. You can see the screw at various stages too. Look for it - it starts as a red dot and turns into a white mound - I dunno what that means but it's fucking gross. 



4 comments:

  1. Would you consider a tattoo to cover your scar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I hadn't really thought about it. In a way I kind of feel like it's a badge on honor - it's kind of badass. Not sure I'd wanna cover that. I have lots of other tattoos though so you never know :)

      Delete
  2. I'm keeping a log of pics as well. I considered getting a lotus tattoo over mine but that 1/5 chance that it'll all have to come out stops me. Maybe my other ankle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a screw in that same place that's giving me problems, it hurts like a mother. I hope I can tough it out for a few months, I can't contemplate another surgery at this stage of the game (I'm 8 weeks out). It would feel like moving backward.

    ReplyDelete