email: Mihal.Freinquel@gmail.com

Monday, June 3, 2013

the boredom...OH THE BOREDOM

J started his new job last week - which is great because it's a job and it's money and it happened really quickly after our recent relocation - and it also kinda sucks because now I'm home...all day...every day...alone. I get visitors every once and a while who give me love and bring me goodies, but basically it's just me.

My tricks of the trade make it easier for me to eat, drink, and ice on my own, but the boredom...OH THE BOREDOM. You can only read, watch movies/TV shows, blog, stare off into space, do yoga, and catch up on social media trash for so long. I don't like to shower when I'm home alone, and I have no desire to venture outside on my crutches alone...which really blows when it's beautiful out which it has been the past day or two and looks like it will continue to be. (I can't take the scooter out alone because my building has steps).

Luckily, WEEKENDS EXIST!!


On Sunday J and I went to the park across the street where we watched kids play, bathed in the sun, and listened to Sade. Saturday was my most active day since the surgery - a family & friends day which included brunch (with my leg up on a chair), visiting the Warby Parker bus (where one of the employees kicked my foot and made me want to cry), and a delish Mexican dinner while watching the game (yeah ok, I personally was more focused on watching my fish tacos).

This weekend also marked my first days of wearing non-yoga clothes which felt weird but good. On Saturday I wore jeans and a t-shirt (I even threw on some mascara), and Sunday I put on denim shorts with the same t-shirt, which I was able to do because now I don't stink as badly. All of my bottoms are now awkwardly loose on me, which is all at once disturbing (shit, now I have no pants) and kind of great (who doesn't mind losing a few inches?).

Thank the looord for physical therapy, it's all I have to look forward to during the week...and only 12 more days until I begin weight-bearing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment