email: Mihal.Freinquel@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

flossing my toes

The other day I looked down and saw that my toes - or rather, in between my toes - were flaking. White flakes lined each little crevasse, the exact flakes I found on the back of my thighs and calves a few days before. A product, I think, of taking too many soapy baths and never being able to shower or properly scrub off the residue (I shower after my baths, don't you?). I was confined to the bathtub for about a month - 1 week post-fall, and nearly 3 weeks post-op...you can imagine how much soap accumulates.

Anyway, I had to ask J to clean my foot - an act that I'd rather have anybody else do (like maybe not somebody who I'd like to continue to enjoy making out with me?). He didn't blink an eye and within moments, my foot was propped up on the tub and J was flossing my toes with a washcloth. First a warm soapy one, then a cool watery one, then a warm wrung-out one. I'll admit it wasn't as humiliating as I'd anticipated - in fact it was pretty sweet.

2 comments:

  1. This, and the other posts gives me so much to ponder, appreciating my ability, little daily things I take for granted. But above, all leaves me with the question: How do I get me a "J"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, I'm not sure how I got mine - suffice to say I'm grateful as shit.

      Delete