email: Mihal.Freinquel@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

follow up #1 - stitches out

I had my follow-up appointment 2 days early because I was scared that I had bloodclots in my leg. If you don't catch them they can crusade up to your lungs or heart or something and kill you. Of course, I knew I had all of the symptoms - crampy calf, shortness of breath, etc etc - and had a panic freak out while J was at a barbeque, my first time home alone. I made him miss the fight with his buddy, and instead he had to watch it with me in bed as I fell asleep and twitched and had nightmares and made him hold my hand. Anyway, I got tested for blood clots and didn't have them.

Instead of removing my non-existent blood clots, they removed my cast and took my stitches out. The stitches looked like this:


Yes, very hairy legs - you're gonna wanna take this time to get used to that. So anyway that's the outside of my right ankle, and there's a few stitches there on the front. Want to know what it looks like inside??


8 screws and 2 plates - it's an impressive sight to behold I think. After taking my stitches out, which nearly made me faint, they stuck on these little incision holders, gave me a walking boot (which I'm not allowed to walk in but I CAN take on and off), and sent me on my way. Oh what's that? You want to see the incision holder stickers?


Those gams won't get un-hairy for another little while, so I suggest you get used to it (how about our gorgeous purple wall though, right?!). 

1 comment:

  1. God, I know, the hairy leg. It's like the humiliation with this type of injury is just non-stop. . .

    ReplyDelete