email: Mihal.Freinquel@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

i smell so bad

I don't know if I'm detoxing from all of the chemicals that have been pumped into my body the last month or so, or maybe because I'm not very mobile and have had very little exercise, but my armpits have been smelling something MEAN these last 2 weeks! Like, they stink WHILE I'm in the shower. I come out stinking, I go in stinking, all of my shirts stink. Has anybody else experienced this? I've tried using deodorant, baby powder, hydrogen peroxide, nothing at all - drinking tons of water, detox tea, green juice, veggies and fruit - my mind is blown and my pits are RANK.

I've thought about doing some saunas (my mom's got one in her back yard), but wondering if it's a good idea, considering how weird my circulation has been (also, I would probably have to bring my shower chair to her house, ugh). My blood flow seems fine when my foot is elevated, but as soon as I put it down and move around, all of the blood rushes to it and it turns purple. Here's a before/after (elevated/non-elevated):


Apparently this happens when you're still non weight-bearing because walking - applying pressure to the foot, helps to shoot the blood back up to circulate in your body. When there isn't that opposing pressure on the foot, the blood just pools.

Anyway, I stink. I don't know what to do.

5 comments:

  1. It's good to know I'm not alone with the purple foot thing when I'm sitting up. It was kind of stressing me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I am 6 weeks post ORIF for a tri-mal fracture of my right ankle, and keep thinking that I stink. The first few weeks I figured it was because I wasn't showering that much and also thought surgery somehow changed my body, but I STILL stink, fresh out of the shower. It's not really a BO smell - I can't describe it, except that it's a peculiar kind of stink. Are you still dealing with this now that you're a year out, or did the issue resolve itself? I think mine is getting better, but I still carry with me a certain "cloud"....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Kim - check out my followup post: http://whattoexpectwhenyoubreakyourankle.blogspot.com/2013/06/apple-cider-vinegar-for-my-horrid-body.html

      Delete
  3. I am seven weeks post avulsion fracture on my tibia (right ankle). No surgery but is not healing due to first doctor putting me in an ankle brace instead of a walking boot (argh!). I just got my walking boot last week. This whole experience has been frustrating, not to be able to drive, carry food, drinks, missing yoga, etc.

    I came across your blog today and it has so much helpful information and solutions! I have also encountered this BO issue with my ankle break. I broke both my wrists in 2013 and did not have this issue, so it was bothering me as well. I am so grateful you posted the solution (apple cider vinegar). Thank you so much for sharing this item and many of the other issues you experienced, as I am having them as well and I hadn't found much specific information on the web about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a cardiac nurse of over 20 years. I had no idea, I googled because I was getting a bit rank. My daughter came by and actually told me I smelled. I lmao! Relief! This is definitely due to my broken ankle recovery. Thank you for posting. Same issues with the discoloration of foot after being up awhile. Hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete