email: Mihal.Freinquel@gmail.com

Thursday, May 23, 2013

follow up #2 - GREAT NEWS

I went to the doctor yesterday for my 4 week post-op checkup and left feeling GREAT. My new x-rays showed that my bones are healing well, and doc says it's time for physical therapy - YAY!! He also said I can start stretching and moving my ankle around myself - YAY! (and ouch). Still about 4 weeks left of non-weight bearing (as originally prescribed), so I decided to go ahead and hit up the medical supply store (seriously, I had no idea those things existed) and rented this nifty little scooter. It's not covered by insurance unless you have Blue Cross which I don't, but it's only $100/month out of pocket - like a NY metrocard in the good ol days.


I'm saluting not being on crutches I think? Anyway, I feel a sense of optimism for the first time. I've been longing to go on evening walks with J in this beautiful spring weather - a ritual we've picked up in the last year or so. Yesterday I heated up my own soup while parked on Sir Scooter, which is a big step (even though J had to carry the bowl for me). The doctor even said I could try a stationary bike or swimming (oops, don't know how), or some pilates reformer exercises on low resistance. I've still gotta crutch around - up and down steps, in certain narrow spaces in the house, etc. - but in the larger scheme of things this scooter really helps out.

You know what else helps out?? YOU GUYS. Thanks so much for all of the texts, facebook messages, Instagram comments, and in-person visits - yall know who you are. I'm going to keep publishing this stuff so keep tuning in if you want to. And when I'm not writing, I'm probably just doing this:


t98XlO on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs

1 comment: